Each guest will receive a selection of delicate tea sandwiches, including a vegetarian and non-dairy options, baked sweet treats and scones with strawberry conserve and cream. Also supplied is a selection of teas, milk and cute sugar cubes.
do you provide gluten free/DAIRY FREE/free range options?
We have free range and dairy free options, please contact us for pricing. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to offer gluten free options.
What is included in your pricing?
We supply everything you need for your tea party - tea cup trios, tiered china plates, tea pots, silverware, napkins, embroidered table cloths and pretty bunting!
do you deliver and pick up after my tea party?
Yes - we will deliver everything you need for your tea party, set up and place the food out for you and then leave you to enjoy your high tea. Once your event is finished, we will then return later to pack up and collect our items. We even do the dishes!
Terms and Conditions
Please handle our china with care as it is more fragile than modern china. Please DO NOT put items in the microwave, dishwasher or oven. All items remain the property of Betty Rose Vintage High Tea at all times.
By hiring from us you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Hire Period: We will deliver to your location, set up and individually style on the day of your High Tea and collect within 24 hours of the conclusion of your event. If items are hired for a venue and can't be left overnight, we will collect at the conclusion of your event.
2. Booking: A 50% deposit is required when booking to secure your desired High Tea date. When you book please provide your name, the date and time of your High Tea, the venue address and your contact details. Please ensure that your venue is available for set up and clearing away at the agreed times. Please check the items delivery against the delivery note to ensure the items are undamaged as hired.
3. Charges: Our charge includes delivery within Dunedin City, set up and styling prior to your High Tea and collection afterwards. For deliveries outside of Dunedin a fee applies.Full payment must be made 7 days before your event. Each guest receives a china trio, silver teaspoon and cake fork and a vintage napkin. Also supplied are bunting, tablecloths, tea pots, doilies, cake plates and china dishes. The number of items will vary depending on the size of the High Tea group.
4. Bond: A $50 refundable breakages bond is required when you book. Your bond paid will be refunded on inspection of returned items, provided they are undamaged and each hired item is returned.
5. Loss, damages and breakages: Unfortunately sometimes accidents happen and you are liable for any lost, damaged or broken items. If part of a set is damaged (e.g. the saucer part of a trio or a tier of a cake stand), you are liable for the replacement cost of the whole trio or cake stand. If damage is less than $50, the balance of your bond will be refunded. Please keep any damaged or broken items for collection.
6. Cancellations: Any cancellations must be made at least 7 days before your tea party. Late cancellations will incur a 15% cancellation fee, cancellations within 24 hours incur a 50% cancellation fee. Failing to cancel will result in the full cost of the High Tea being due.
7. Washing up: There is no need to wash the items, our vintage fairy will do them for you! Please just remove excess food and rinse if necessary and place everything in one area for us to repack.
8. Collections of items at the end of hire: When we collect and check the items back into our possession, you or a representative must be present. If no one is present, there is no entitlement to later dispute the amount or condition of returned items.
9. Betty Rose Vintage High Tea takes no responsibility for any injury to anyone through breakage of items or other accidents during the hire period.
Up to top Placeholder. You won't see it when site's published